!!! ADDICTIVE !!!
Ingredients for the spare ribs
- 2-2,5 Kg spare ribs
- 1-1,5 tsp szechuan pepper, roasted and grinded
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup vinegar (rice vinegar is the best)
- 1/2 cup (or more) of mungo cutney
- 2 (or more) garlic toes, minced
- 1 ts salt
- 3 TS soy sauce (dark)
- 1 TS curry powder
- 1 TS bell pepper powder
- Water, if the mixture is not liquid enough to marinate the ribs
Put the peppercorns in a frying pan, heat it (without oil or any other things) until the pepper starts to smell, remove it from the stove immediately, put the pepper in a mortar and grind it.
Voila, best tasting szechuan pepper ever :)
Cut the spare ribs into single ribs, mix all the ingredients and marinate the cutted ribs into it for several hours, best is, over night in a fridge.
Roast the ribs on a grill or bake them in an oven for about 20 minutes.
Best served with........
The Red Sauce
- 125 g plain white sugar
- 3-4 TS Sambal Olek
- 125 ml water
- 125 ml chinese vinegar, black and sweet, chinkiang brand
- 1 ts salt
- 1 TS tomato puree
Put a pot on the stove, add sugar, salt, sambal olek, heat the mix, stir a lot, until it becomes more liquid (not until it burns), add water and vinegar, tomato purree, stir for one or two minutes, then turn off the stove and let the sauce cook for another minute, then remove it from the stove.
And then enjoy the ribs with the red sauce!